Monday, November 06, 2006

Safe in... Copenhagen?

Hey there! I know I´ve been bad about posting lately, but I´ve been in more-or-less constant motion since Nathalie and I left for Egypt. I´m writing you now from Copenhagen, Denmark!

On Thursday the 2nd I met my friend Sharon in Amsterdam and we had a fun three days exploring the incredible museums and beautiful canals of one of my favorite cities. This is the second time I´ve gotten to enjoy Amsterdam in the Autumn, and it was magnificent as always.

We´re here in Copenhagen visiting an old roommate of Sharon´s, Alex, who was gracious enough to give us a place to crash for a couple days. We spent the last 24 hours taking a complex series of trains here from Amsterdam (through Rotterdam, the Hague, Brussels and Hamburg, and taking a train-boat across an inlet of the North Sea). Eurail sleepercars is definitely the way to travel. For less than the cost of a hotel for a night, you get where you´re going, too, and a nice man brings coffee right to your bed.

Now that we´re here we´re going to slow down for a day or two and I hope to get some blogging done, but probably not as much as I´d like. I don´t know when I'm going to get completely caught up, especially if I keep moving. Maybe I´ll set up some temporary mini-posts on my various locations, as doing thurough ones on Egypt alone would take some time.

Next stop is probably Berlin, but that may get axed as we head on to visit my pal Liza in Hamburg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter